Skip to main content

Building Applications

Included on this page

Lodging a Building Application


Large file upload
Via email (limited 10MB) –
USB via post 

Hard copy

Via post PO Box 54, Claremont WA 6910 or; 
In person at 308 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6010

Note: Approvals will be issued electronically unless otherwise requested by submission of application.

Building fee calculator

Fees Payable

Permit fee $
Building services levy $
Construction and training fund levy $
infrastructure damage bond $
Please include a complete Construction Training Fund Levy Form or if payment is made directly to the Construction Training Fund please provide proof of payment to the Town with electronic submissions.

Key Documents 

Checklist for Building Permit and Demolition Permit Applications Checklist
Link to all Building Application forms including; Certified, Uncertified, Demolition, Occupancy and Building Approval Certificates
Building Approval Forms
Link to Construction Training Fund online portal for payment of the BCITF levy CTF online portal
A Credit Card Authorisation form is required when submitting applications electronically Credit Card Authorisation Form
Sign Licence application form in accordance with the Town of Claremont Local Laws where limited discretion applies and Development Approval may be required
Application for Sign Licence
An overview of the building approvals process, prepared by the Building Commission to assist those in the building industry, home-owners, permit authority clients and staff, owner-builders and building industry students.
A guide to the building approvals process in WA
An asbestos removal form is required when removing asbestos from a property. Asbestos Removal Form
Building Classes information sheet Building Classes information sheet
  • Prior to conducting works please lodge a Dial Before You Dig request by clicking here
  • On completion of your works a request for refund of Damage Bond is required.  Please click here for a Damage Bond Refund application form.
  • To apply for a work zone permit please click here 

Drainage, Verges & Crossovers

The Town requires that all new developments seek infrastructure clearance.  This clearance must be sought prior to or at the time of lodging a building permit application. The Town can then advise the applicant of any conflicting issues at the development stage.

If clearance is not sought and conflicts are later identified, the Town reserves the right to request modifications for which the property owner will bear the full cost.

The infrastructure clearance will also assess and clear any engineering conditions of the development approval which may include; new crossovers, stormwater drainage, modifications to verge assets, finished floor levels, vehicle parking and manoeuvrability, easements and landscape plans.

  • CROSSOVERS AND VEHICLE ACCESS - Council approval is required prior to the construction of a new crossover, or the modification of an existing crossover.  They must be constructed to the Town’s standards and specifications.  Where a new premises is constructed the Town will contribute 50% towards the cost of the new crossover up to $500.  This subsidy will also apply when upgrading an existing bitumen crossover to current standards and specifications.  Download the current standard drawing, specifications and an Application Form. Download an Application for Crossover Subsidy here
  • Click here to fill out a Work Zone Application permit to request permission to work on or utilise the verge, footpath or road.
  • To request street tree removal or pruning click here.  For detailed information on Trees please click here
  • For information on new verge treatments or making changes to existing verge treatments please click here
  • For the Town's storm water drainage requirements please click here
  • Prior to conducting works please lodge a Dial Before You Dig request by clicking here
  • On completion of your works a request for refund of Damage Bond is required.  Please click here for a Damage Bond Refund application form.

Other useful references

Asbestos Awareness information.

Sediment Control Brochure

Sand Drift Prevention and Sediment Control Guidelines for Building Sites

The Building Act 2011 introduces a new building approval process for Western Australia.

The Building Act 2011 and Building Regulations 2012 replaces the Building Regulations 1989 much of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1960. Department  of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.

Thank you for your feedback!

Stay up to date

Get the latest news - from events listings to top tips on living green delivered directly to your inbox. Subscribing is easy.